ಬುಧವಾರ, ಡಿಸೆಂಬರ್ 29, 2004
At rateyourmusic.com the album Funeral ranks as the second best album of 2004. So far I only know this one song by the band, but they definitely sound like they are worth checking out.
New album added to my CD-Collection:
Elliott Smith: From A Basement On The Hill
I won't make any "best-of-2004" lists, but it's no secret that (so far since I haven't heard them all) I'd pick American Idiot by Green Day as the album of the year. Best single is (probably) Gravity by Embrace.
ಬುಧವಾರ, ಡಿಸೆಂಬರ್ 22, 2004
ಮಂಗಳವಾರ, ಡಿಸೆಂಬರ್ 21, 2004
No wonder this is the next single from the new album. So far (to me) it's clearly the best song on How To Dismantle...
Thirteen Senses: Into The Fire
Those two are my current favorites!
Bloc Party: So Here We Are
Kings Of Leon: The Bucket
The Music: Breakin'
ಸೋಮವಾರ, ಡಿಸೆಂಬರ್ 20, 2004
Stay tuned for more comments.
Today's picks are two great songs from the almost unknown, but nonetheless superb band Cause & Effect. Both songs appear on the 1999 album Innermoststation. However I'd recommend the earlier albums Another Minute and Trip if anyone is tempted to check them out!
Survived the Christmas party this Friday without hangovers. Thank you :-)
Bought tickets yesterday for the Keane concert in Vega, Copenhagen on 1 April 2005. Told you those guys were going to get big!
ಶನಿವಾರ, ಡಿಸೆಂಬರ್ 18, 2004
PRESS RELEASE: Safety, comfort, agility: these are the outstanding attributes of the new C-Class. The Saloon excels with a many-faceted product concept which meets the expectations of various customer target groups. With the AVANTGARDE, ELEGANCE and CLASSIC lines, Mercedes-Benz offers three individual models whose emphasis is on either comfort or agility. All model variants share the latest, state-of-the-art technology. This includes the newly developed AGILITY CONTROL package with situation-responsive shock absorber control, the Intelligent Light System with five different lighting functions and the PRE-SAFE® preventive occupant protection system. There is a choice of four and six-cylinder engines with up to 13 percent more output than the preceding model, accompanied by up an to six percent lower fuel consumption.
ಶುಕ್ರವಾರ, ಡಿಸೆಂಬರ್ 17, 2004
Hopefully we all know that driving and drinking is bad combination - right!?
Anyway - I listened to a couple of great songs last night and thought I'd recommend them:
Thirteen Senses: Into The Fire (what a wonderful song)
Elliott Smith: Pretty (Ugly Before)
Ordered albums this morning by both artists!
ಬುಧವಾರ, ಡಿಸೆಂಬರ್ 15, 2004
One of those albums is Screamadelica by Primal Scream, which is especially loved by the readers of Q Magazine.
I bought it a few years back, but I have only listened to it sporadically. So gave it another try this morning, but to be honest, I do not know what to think. It's not bad by any means, but is it really that great to deserve high entries on those "best of" lists?
Maybe I will make up my mind someday, so I guess for now my verdict is: Undecided.
The Lost Souls album stayed in my cd player for several days. I especially enjoyed listening to the two tracks mentioned aboved. Didn't exactly make the wait for the new album any easier.
The La's: The La's
OK - maybe Lee Mavers didn't like the album and frequently refers to it as sh!t. However this doesn't change what I think of it, because not only does it contain the fantastic There She Goes. The rest of the album is nearly as good, which is quite an accomplishment!
- This is a space where you can read the "inside info" briefs but also put up your own comments. The best ones will be shown here with your name!!!
- Ferrari is testing out a new 4wheel drive system for its front engined models. In normal conditions it gives 100% torque to the back wheels, sending torque at the front only when the car loses control. Sounds to me like the expensive way to put an ESP...
- BMW is considering whether or not to make an M version of it's 7 Series sedan, after the new Audi S8 and the Mercedes S-Class AMG models. With that kind of looks, it will probably be the only M model that won't make you go “mmm”...
- KIA has nearly completed it's all new European designed and made hatch (Golf sized) called unofficially ED (European Design). Its official presentation will be in Geneva 2006. Damn. We will all miss the Cerato…
- HYUNDAI on the other hand, has decided that it won’t bring the new US and Korean Accent in
Europe. Instead it will develop a new one based on the Kia ED. Seems like the USand Korean models “accent” wasn’t good for Europe…
- LAMBORGHINI is developing a new base model for the Gallardo, with an Audi RS4 V8 engine, and rear wheel drive. At least they got half of the concept right...
- Mini Sources very close to the English company have revealed that Mini will show an American version of it’s Concept Frankfurt & Concept Tokio. Mmm, let me guess: It will be called Concept
- Opel is considering the option of holding the name Antara (from the SUV Concept in
Frankfurt) for its production model. It could be worse. They could of chosen a name like “Uberfahrt”…
ಶುಕ್ರವಾರ, ಡಿಸೆಂಬರ್ 10, 2004
According to www.doves.net their new album called Some Cities will be released on 21 Febuary next year. Guess I don't have to say that my expectations are high??
And my favorite band Kent will release a new album on 15 March called Du & Jag Döden. If possible, my expectations for this album are even higher!
So plenty of reasons to be looking forward to 2005!
ಗುರುವಾರ, ಡಿಸೆಂಬರ್ 9, 2004
I think I bought this album 3 years ago, but I've never really listened to it. Shame on me, because know that I've listened to it I realize that this is really a great album!
Guess it's time to "dust off" some of my old CD's and give them another listen. Taste do change over the years, so maybe I'll be able to find a hidden gem or two?
ಮಂಗಳವಾರ, ಡಿಸೆಂಬರ್ 7, 2004
ಸೋಮವಾರ, ಡಿಸೆಂಬರ್ 6, 2004
ಗುರುವಾರ, ಡಿಸೆಂಬರ್ 2, 2004
ಬುಧವಾರ, ಡಿಸೆಂಬರ್ 1, 2004
Gene: Let Me Move On (Wonderful, wonderful song)
The Calling: Anything
Keane: Something In Me Was Dying (Hundreds of bands would love to switch any of their songs with one of Keane's b-sides!)