ಬುಧವಾರ, ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 2, 2005

The Arcade Fire: Funeral

Since buying this album a week ago I've probably listened to it 10 times. At rateyourmusic and acclaimedmusic the album ranks among the very best of 2004 (1st respectively 5th place). So I've been really anxious to find out if The Arcade Fire is just another over-hyped band or if the album is really that great.

Is it the best album of 2004 then? I don't know, because I haven't heard every single release (and never will) of last year. But it's definitely a very, very good album. What's there not to like about the album? Some find the singers voice annoying, but it suits the music nicely. The songs are of great variety and none of them leave you disappointed. Realizing that this is a debut album it leaves you pretty amazed.

Without a doubt an album I will play over and over again (there's so much to discover) for a long time!

Best songs:
1) Rebellion (Lies)
2) Neighborhood #2 (Laika)
3) Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)